Thursday, January 17, 2019

Walking Faithfully With God

Genesis 5:21-24

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah.  22 After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters.  23 Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years.  24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.


I love this passage of Scripture.  We don't know a lot about Enoch, but what we do know about him is powerful.  Enoch walked faithfully with God.  Was he perfect?  No, he was not perfect.  However, Enoch chose to believe God and walk with Him faithfully for 300 years!  If you keep reading the book of Genesis, you will find a man named Noah.  Noah was Enoch's great grandson.  Genesis 6:8-9 says, "But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.  This is the account of Noah and his family.  Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God."  We do know a lot more about Noah; we know about his family, the flood, the ark, and much more.  But I still believe the most incredible detail of Noah's life is found right here in Genesis 6:9, where it says, "He walked faithfully with God."

The Bible tells us that we are all sinners (Romans 3:23).  The Bible tells us that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23a).  The Bible tells us that God loves us and that while we were still sinners Jesus died for us (Romans 5:8).  The Bible tells us that the gift of God is eternal life found only in Jesus (Roman 6:23b).  What we do with these truths will determine our steps in this life and in eternity.  If we will repent of our sins and believe in Jesus as Savior, we can be and will be forgiven and restored into a right relationship with God.  Thanks be to Jesus, we have the opportunity to walk faithfully with God.

Some people know me.  Some people do not know me.  There are some who know much about me, and there are others who only know a little about me.  At the end of the day, some can say this about me or that about me...maybe good, maybe bad, maybe in-between.  What I am praying for today and what I am striving for today is that I will be known as a man who walked faithfully with God.  There can be nothing better said about you or about me than what was said about Enoch and what was said about Noah: "He walked faithfully with God."  Lord, help me today and each day ahead to be found walking faithfully with God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord Will Fight For You!

We have this Scripture on the walls of our hearts.  We have this Scripture on the walls of our house.  This Scripture is one of my wife'...