Monday, April 22, 2019

God's Unfailing Love

Psalm 107:8-9

8 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, 9 for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.


This past weekend we celebrated Easter.  Jesus lived a perfect life.  Jesus died a sacrificial death.  Jesus rose from the grave victoriously.  I love that old hymn, "Because He Lives."  The words ring loud in my heart and in my ears: "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.  Because He lives, all fear is gone.  Because I know He holds the future, my life is worth the living just because He lives."  In Psalm 107, God reminded me this morning that His great love for us is UNFAILING!  What Jesus has done and what Jesus is still doing changes us forever and ever!  He loves us.  He went to the cross for us.  He rose from the grave for us.  Jesus is God's demonstration of His UNFAILING love for us.  Today, this Monday after Easter, let us give thanks to the Lord for His UNFAILING love.  As the Psalmist said in Psalm 107, the Lord "satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."  God's UNFAILING love is not something that we deserve or that we earn; it is His good, good gift to us.  We simply receive it.  I am thankful today for the opportunity to repent of my sins.  I am thankful today for the opportunity to receive God's UNFAILING love through Jesus.  God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good!  God's UNFAILING love is available to me and to you.  Praise God for His UNFAILING love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord Will Fight For You!

We have this Scripture on the walls of our hearts.  We have this Scripture on the walls of our house.  This Scripture is one of my wife'...