Wednesday, October 16, 2019

My Light & My Salvation & My Stronghold


If you are reading these words, then at some point or in all points of your life you have dealt with fears and/or troubles.  I could list a million fears and/or troubles, but I want you to name your fears, name your troubles right now.  How do you deal with your fears and your troubles?  If you are a Christ follower, then you have a Father you can run to; you have a Father you can rely on in your times of fear, in your times of trouble.  I love David's words in Psalm 27:1, when he says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?"  I believe David's words were more like statements than they were questions.  David was clear: GOD was his Light, his Salvation, and his Stronghold.  David's confidence and hope was not in himself or in anyone else.  His confidence and his hope were in God.

Today, whatever fear has overcome you, whatever trouble has surrounded you, put your hope and your confidence in your Father who loves you!  Put your hope and your confidence in your Father who is your Light, your Salvation, and your Stronghold!  In John 16:33, Jesus says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  Believe the words of Jesus!  Claim the words of Jesus!  He is your Light and your Salvation and your Stronghold!  Whom shall you fear?  Of whom shall you be afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord Will Fight For You!

We have this Scripture on the walls of our hearts.  We have this Scripture on the walls of our house.  This Scripture is one of my wife'...