Saturday, May 9, 2020

Happy Mother's Day - 2020!


Genesis 2:22 says, "Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."  Genesis 2:24 goes on to say, "This is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."  God created the man and the woman in His image, and He breathed the breath of life into them.  He blessed them and told them to be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.  God's plans and purposes for this world are beautiful and wonderful!

This Sunday, May 10, 2020, we are celebrating "Mother's Day."  As children, we are thankful.  We are thankful to God for life that He has formed.  As the Psalmist says in Psalm 139:13-14, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  I thank God for the breath of life that is in me.  I thank God for knitting me together in my mother's womb, for creating my inmost being.  On this "Mother's Day," I thank God for my mother, Pat, who carried me and brought me into this world.  I thank God for my late mother-in-law, Trudy.  And I thank God for the mother of my children, Marty.  God has blessed my life with these women who have shown me kindness, compassion, forgiveness, and so much more!  I praise God today for His beautiful and wonderful plans and purposes for this world.  And I praise God today by honoring mothers.  Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I am really blessed by reading these verses, today. I was walking yesterday, and thought the same thing. I was reminded that I was created in His image. He loves me so much He made me to be like Him. I am grateful and blessed to be a mom, and Nana!

    ReplyDelete

The Lord Will Fight For You!

We have this Scripture on the walls of our hearts.  We have this Scripture on the walls of our house.  This Scripture is one of my wife'...